Wednesday 7 July 2010

Day 72 Reeuwijk to Utrecht

Day 72. Reeuwijk to Utrecht. 54.44 kms cycled. 3.40 hours cycling. 28.2 km/h max speed. 14.84 km/h average speed. Weather – sunny and warm.

It is hard to believe, but my solo Portugal to The Netherlands cycling adventure is now officially over.
And ‘adventure’ is certainly the best word I can think of to describe everything that I have done and seen over the past two months.
Right now I feel a mix of pride and sadness that I have finished. Pride for the fact that I successfully completed the journey and sadness that something that I had planned and worked so hard to achieve is now over.
As I said in a previous blog it was certainly the most mentally and physically demanding thing I have ever done, but also probably the most rewarding.
I feel very lucky to have been able to do the trip and know that it is something that very few people would ever achieve.
Anyway, part 2 of this great holiday is still to come with two weeks in Scotland to enjoy.
I will put up a few blogs for the remainder of the trip, but probably not on a daily basis as I have done up to now.
Thanks for reading and all your feedback, it has been terrific.

captions; Pic 1: Just love those Eten and Drinken signs. Pic 2,3,4, and 5: Various pics along the way.

2 comments: